No network after iphone 3g 3.0 software jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maximus645, Aug 23, 2009.

1. maximus645 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Got an Iphone 3g 16gb for christmass '08 but it was locked. took it to this place in brighton and they unlocked it for £20 with the 2.2 software. worked absolutely fine, received network and my orange sim card worked fine!

Then the 3.0 software was released so i took it back to the place in brighton but they wanted another £20 for just updating the software. so i took into my own hands to try and unlock it myself. so i downloaded Pwnage tool and created an IPSW with the 3.0 software. put the iphone into dfu mode and then restored using the IPSW that i created using Pwnage tool.

Phone was unlocked with 3.0 software however now i dont receive any network what-so-ever. I've tried all the resets and everything but nothing seems to work

So where did i go wrong?! I have my Iphone with all my apps and all my music but i have to carry around another phone to actually make calls!!!

Please can someone help!

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. maximus645 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've managed to unlock the phone with 3.0 software fine. According to the tutorial (which was exactly what i was looking for thank you!) i need to install Ultrasn0w in order to be able to use the phone with any sim! however my wi-fi suddenly cut out about 3 months ago so i cant access cydia via the phone to install Ultrasn0w. I've tried pre-installing ultrasn0w using Pwnage Tool but whenever i enter the source code http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com, Pwnage just freezes and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?! I'm so close now but i just can't get back past the final part!

thanks

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Hmm, without wifi or 3G you're not going to be able to do it the way I suggested.

You are going to need to connect to the internet somehow.

Just as a matter of interest, can you access the website www.ultrasn0w.com on your computer? (For a month or two I could not get to it via my ISP but I could on other connections.) If not, that's where the problem lies, in which case perhaps you can use a friend's PC to try to build the pwnage file.

PS if it's your wifi router that has failed, and not the iPhone's wifi, you could use a public wifi spot to add ultrasn0w to Cydia.