No new ACDs?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by badlydrawnboy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I'm for sure getting a new MP as soon as the store comes up, but I also need a new ACD. Should I just get one now, along with the MP, or is there any chance they'll be updated at MWSF? Seems like if they were going to be updated, they would have been by now - since many people buy MPs with ACDs, right?

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

[​IMG]

Maybe indicates a price drop is happening rather than a new model? We'll see when the Store comes back.

Too bad for me if so - I really wanted to see some more inputs before I picked one up.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I'm keeping the faith for an ACD update at Macworld.

4. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

And since it's 3-5 weeks until I get my new MacPro...I can wait a week or two to see what happens to the ACD :)

5. astrostu macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly.

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Well, there's no noise about a price drop, so I'm crossing my fingers for MWSF too. If not, when? WWDC? :(

7. zdobson macrumors 6502

I was told by a Mac sales rep that if a price drop happens within 30 days of buying, I can get the difference refunded. I'm ready to buy my MP NOW! Any reason to wait for ACD upagrade? I'm not seeing one since I can get a refund. Could resolution of new ACD be that much better than current? I've heard the iSight rumor, but I don't care about that.

8. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

If hopefully the new ACDs will have HDMI and DisplayPort, they may want to wait until Mac World so they can trumpet them on stage. If the new video cards support DisplayPort along with the ACDs, they could show it off.

I thought it was 15 days - same as the general return window? Then again, perhaps they're making exceptions/changes after the bru-ha-ha with the iPhone price drop.

9. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I don't expect a res bump, and I don't care about iSight either. I'm just holding out for multiple inputs.

Not sure if they'd incorporate DisplayPort, but I'm hoping for HDMI and Component so I could use an ACD in conjunction with :apple:tv, Wii, PS3 or any other component and HDMI compatible devies on market. ;) Otherwise I'll have to go for the Dell 3008.

10. astrostu macrumors 6502

They need to upgrade the brightness and contrast ratio. Currently it's 280 cd/m^2 and 400:1. Dell's newest 30" monitor is 370 cd/m^2 with a contrast ratio of 3000:1. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm actually considering Dell over Apple at the moment.

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Haha, I only hold a little brand loyalty. If the Dells were styled as well as the ACDs I wouldn't even be waiting to hear what Apple may or may not announce...

12. astrostu macrumors 6502

Exactly. I love Apple's look and a little extra price is worth it to have the ADC next to a new MP with the aluminum keyboard. But for a contrast ratio that's almost 10x better and 37% brighter display (I do lots of photo work) ... sigh...

13. peejack macrumors 6502a

Knowing apple they will still cost over the odd's. I have just decide to go with dell's with my new mac pro. Very good quality and very cheap.

:D