Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2002
Seriously, this is a minor problem in the grand scheme, but it’s driving me nuts. I haven’t seen a new Aerial screensaver in months on my AppleTV.

There were supposed to be nine new ones in Dec 2021; and when I look at the video list through other sources I see plenty that I have never seen.

What the flying frack? Apple PRs this trash but does anyone ever see it? Gimme some Scotland and Iceland FFS.

How do I force this piece of **** box to get new Aerial screensavers? I’ve reset, changed screensavers, rebooted, hit it with a small hammer, and it’s still the same ones over and over and over. It’s been fracking months since new ones have been out and I haven’t seen a single one.

Holy F this is really driving me bananas.

Juicy Box

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2014
Do you have a lot of apps, especially games, saved on your Apple TV? Your storage could be full, and the iOS will not download new Aerials unless there is space for them.

Sidenote, I think the way that Apple does that Ariel screensavers is pretty dumb. Why not give the user the choice and what screen savers they can use? Why must it be at random?

Reactions: BrennanWDavis

AustinJerry

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Austin, Texas
Seriously, this is a minor problem in the grand scheme, but it’s driving me nuts. I haven’t seen a new Aerial screensaver in months on my AppleTV.

No disrespect, but I have never understood why some people obsess over screensavers. Do you leave your TV and ATV on when you are not watching anything, just to have a screensaver playing?

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2014
"Gimme some Scotland and Iceland FFS."

Do you see "The Isle of Skye" on yours?

My girlfriend commented it yesterday when it popped up. That is our new favorite.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

w5jck

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2013

There were supposed to be nine new ones in Dec 2021; and when I look at the video list through other sources I see plenty that I have never seen.

What the flying frack? Apple PRs this trash but does anyone ever see it? Gimme some Scotland and Iceland FFS.

How do I force this piece of **** box to get new Aerial screensavers? I’ve reset, changed screensavers, rebooted, hit it with a small hammer, and it’s still the same ones over and over and over. It’s been fracking months since new ones have been out and I haven’t seen a single one.

Holy F this is really driving me bananas.
OP, The HDR screensavers only display if you have the ATV 4K set up to use HDR as the default. I found this out the hard way when I switched to SDR as the standard output. SDR tends to display the menu and interface in a more pleasing way, but the HDR screensavers quit showing. I switched back to HDR to get them as they are so much more pleasing to watch. I definitely agree we should be able to select which ones we want to see cycle, but Apple is all about "you get what we give you" mentality.

@AustinJerry, you need to look beyond your own nose then. We are all different, so never assume that what pleases you pleases anyone else, or vice versa. Sometimes I personally like to display them along with some nice music when not actually watching TV, especially when I have company over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.