Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Hey guys;

Been happily using my new iPhone 6 for about 5 days now and there are two differences in iOS I have noticed from my my iPhone 4S. (I had iOS 8 GM installed on my 4S)

First is upon installing a new app or updating an app I don't have the blue new app indicator next to apps name under the icon anymore. They all look regular regardless of when they were downloaded.

And I don't get the play icon next to the battery on menubar. Not when I'm playing a podcast, regular music app, soundcloud or spotify. Pretty sure it is a bug.

p.s. I'm running 8.0.2

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys;

Been happily using my new iPhone 6 for about 5 days now and there are two differences in iOS I have noticed from my my iPhone 4S. (I had iOS 8 GM installed on my 4S)

First is upon installing a new app or updating an app I don't have the blue new app indicator next to apps name under the icon anymore. They all look regular regardless of when they were downloaded.

And I don't get the play icon next to the battery on menubar. Not when I'm playing a podcast, regular music app, soundcloud or spotify. Pretty sure it is a bug.

p.s. I'm running 8.0.2

The play icon in the status bar has been gone since iOS 7.

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2013
What did you to get rid of the annoying blue dots! There are some apps that I don't need to access on daily basis and whenever those apps are updated, I have to go out my way to launch the app once to get rid of the annoying blue dot! I would gladly get rid of them if I can :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.