No new at&t LIMITED data plan???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I remember back in May I had heard rumors that AT&T was possibly going to introduce a cheaper limited data plan to the iphone. Apparently they have chosen not to do this (yet). I think this is something they should (and will) do in the near future. If they could bring the data plan down to $20 or even $15 a month I think this would be a LOT more attractive to potential carrier switchers. Plus we all know that iphone users use exponentially more data than most smart phone users, so this would help to curb that extreme usage.

So let me know if I missed anything, because I haven't heard anything about any limited data plans, but I've been busy on vacation since the announcement so I haven't been able to search too extensively. Although I did do a quick search on here and didn't find this topic. Sorry if it has been talked about a lot.

Maybe this can be something they introduce in january to try to sell off that mid-cycle iphone.

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

They don't necessarily have to (being #2 biggest carrier...), but God, I wish they would add a $35 unlimited data/text plan like T-Mobile.

3. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

The only hangup I see is the consumer is moving to unlimited plans (texting, data, phone) and I doubt AT&T is going to introduce a plan that won't get that many takers. In this case, I think AT&T is only responding to supply and demand.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Agreed. My parents own 2 accounts. One with me, my mom, and my dad. The other has my brother, sister, and 2 business phones for my dads co-workers. I think he spends like $140 on our account and like $180 on the other. ATT charges a lot for their plans, I really wish that they would either cut the costs or make a better plan. $35 for the iPhone data/200 text is really overpriced. I really liked that $25 for the data/200 on the 1st Gen iPhone.

5. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I feel like there is a huge market out there for limited data plans. I know a lot of people that want the iphone but are disgusted by having to pay the extra 30 bucks a month. If there could be a 15 or 20 dollar plan then maybe they would sign up.

On the other hand I also agree with theMBC that they should add an additional tier on the top. Because I'm a sap so I pay $50 extra for unlimited data and texts.... so if they could have a cheaper unlimited everything plan (even if it were $40 a month) that would be great.

Maybe some tiered plans like
    $20 - limited data and no texting
    $30 - unlimited data and either 0 or 200 texts
    $40 - unlimited data and unlimited texting

I know, I am sounding like microsoft with all these different size plans, but I really think that the consumer wants some options when it comes to price.