no new ATD this year

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MCAsan, Oct 23, 2012.

1. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Personally I like the new iMac configurations which drop FW and replace USB 2 with USB 3. What a shame we seem to have to wait until 2013 for an ATD that is based on the new thinner design. Hopefully the prices on the current aging ATD will start dropping.

2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

ATD = Thunderbolt Display? I thought the acronym was TBD?

Either way, yeah I was hoping for one too. But if I remember correctly, the first Thunderbolt Display didn't get any big announcement either. It was just announced on their website. So, maybe they will release it soon. I am holding out for a new Thunderbolt Display.

3. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

I'll be super disappointed if there's no new model this year. Apple released all these new MacBooks with USB3 but still only offer the USB2 Thunderbolt Display. I figured they were just waiting for new iMacs before they released new ATD's. If that's not the case... WTF?

4. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

I wonder if it's a supply/manufacturing issue since the 27 inch iMac doesn't even ship until December.

5. dblissmn macrumors regular

Will somebody please humor me with a Thunderbolt-USB3 adapter?

6. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed. Just rip out the guts of the 27" new imac and call it the new TBD. At least that way if you use one next to an imac they will be at the same height.

7. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

Yeah, it would make the Mini + TBD combo more compelling compared to an iMac. I mean, seriously, a display with a monster of a computer is now slimmer than the display itself?