No new displays, so when?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by c073186, Jan 17, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

Since no new displays were released at Macworld, when do you think is the next most likely time for them to be released? Or will it just be on any random day that Apple reveils them. They must be coming sometime, even if that is just a price cut. With the updated Mac Pros, I really want to buy a monitor from Apple but I have concerns that I will buy it and a few weeks later there will be new ones. Does Apple have any more big conferences / expos in the near future that new ACDs would be released?

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

They will be out before next MacWorld, thats for sure, and when they do I will be the first online for them, I was really hoping for them at MWSf.

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

They will come out with the New Mac Pro Case Redesign I'd bet.

I don't think you will see them for 8 months.

You are not going to see them in "a few weeks," and probably not in "a few months."

Just my opinion.

4. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

You might see a refresh at the photographic show Apple goes to every year, but if not there then i'd guess it won't be until WWDC 08

Why does everybody want them refreshed? They're a gorgous display and without Blu-Ray there isn't much need for HDMI is there

5. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

One reason is that I think folks are hoping that Apple adopts the better color technology that has come out over the past few years. The Koldenhof report from 2005 noted something like an 88% color gamut. http://images.apple.com/pro/pdf/AppleReport2005_rc1_051214.pdf Apple doesn't make that information easy to find. There could have been improvements at some point that just aren't easy to identify - the report link is the latest info I could find on the Apple site itself.

The new Dell monitors claim around 92% [if I recall correctly) (the new aluminum and glass 27") and 100% (the new aluminum and glass 30" - "Dell TrueColor Technology – 100%2 of NTSC color gamut for rich, life-like imagery that has accurate color representation better tones and hues, and can support up to Adobe 98 color standard." http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=223-4890 ). Barefeats had glowing things to say about the new Dell 27" panel compared to the Apple 23 or older (pre HC) Dell 24" -http://www.barefeats.com/lcd.html. My recollection is that the Apple displays still have the best dot pitch (around .25).

I'd like built-in iSight (and do away with the Sony HandiCam FW version I'm using now and not have to plunk a Logitech on top). Sure, I'd like the latest panel capability too. ... and a bit of a price drop to keep some pace with panel prices wouldn't hurt either. The Dell aluminum and glass 27" can be had for $1016 when on "sale".