No new hardware, my thinking.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by netnothing, Jun 11, 2007.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

My thoughts on the no new :apple: hardware....why not wait until Leopard is released?

Think about it....up to this point, all we've heard is that people are holding off on buying a new Mac until Leopard comes out. Now, other than the hardcore Mac geeks who would buy the latest thing no matter when it comes out, I'm thinking Apple is waiting to do a refresh right before or on the day Leopard is released.

This way, they can make sure they have the latest and greatest hardware in the machines.

Just my thought.

-Kevin

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I doubt it...Apple isn't taking the boards feeling into acount before they release new Macs. Chance are the Pro line up of Mac didn't need an update, the iMac, Mac Mini and iPod can wait for update when a more consumer event in happening.

Note to mention OS X.5 took up a lot of time, how long should the keynote be?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the reason for no hardware upgrades during the keynote is simple. its nothing dramatic and attention worthy. its more along the lines of speedbumps and minor upgrades, nothing needed for center stage at this point.

4. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Sure Mac users are going to hold out for Leopard for a new Mac (just generalizing here) but there are switchers like me out there who have been hearing about new iMacs coming on WWDC'07 (which it didn't).

But yeah this was a developers conference so I doubt any consumer products would be released but does anyone have any idea when is the next consumer event?

5. gaelan macrumors regular

i was in the same boat...was. i just pulled the trigger tonight. i think apple will do updates after the major in mac campaign.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

What if the next update to the iMac is an aluminum case like the displays, MBPs and Mac Pros. Isn't that noteworthy enough to have been released at WWDC.

I'm sorry but One More Thing... Safari for Windows
    and One Last Thing... iPhone web 2.0 dev is not a good way to end.

Should have been One More Thing... iPhone web 2.0 dev
    followed by One Last Thing... new Santa Rosa industrial cased iMacs.