No new hardware until Sierra Fall release?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by psymac, Jun 13, 2016.

1. psymac macrumors 6502

With macOS Sierra not being released until the fall, safe to assume no new hardware, such as Macbook Pro or Mac Mini, until then?

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Probably. Thats what I'm thinking. But I don't think there's a concrete pattern like there is with iPhone.

3. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah, because Kaby Lake is socket compatible with Skylake (less development costs) and needs internal OS changes (optimizations, new GPU drivers, and so on) for the best possible results. Probably even AirPlay with H.265 support (hardware accelerated H.265 decoding/encoding). Bluetooth 5 and many other improvements are also possible.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I thought only the low-end Kaby Lake was coming out this year--not what the 13" and 15" use.

In any case, I agree, especially with the
    Touch bar stuff present in Sierra (though I suppose they could always release a special build of El Cap.) Probably a September announcement with an October release.

5. nutmac macrumors 68040

I am not sure about Mac mini, because mini is on its own random schedule, but Apple Pay and Auto Unlock would really shine on a Mac with built-in Touch ID. And motion coprocessor (M9 or perhaps M10) for always on Siri and perhaps Power Nap operations.