No new icons for iPhoto and iWork?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Tom Schrier, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tom Schrier macrumors member

I was just wondering if the will ever make OS X Yosemite looking icons for iWork and iPhoto? What do you think? :)

2. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Never. I heard from Tim Cook that they plan on keeping the icons the same for the next 50 years and are locked into contract.

3. viettanium macrumors regular

iWork icon just updated last year. iPhoto will be replaced by Photos app in Early 2015.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Probably. But they are separate apps. Not part of the OS.

5. JoelBaka macrumors member

Usually there is a big app-update after the final release, all iWorks and iLife apps will probably be updated somewhere the coming months after Yosemite is released. They will probably change the whole lay-out of the apps to, Pages looks a bit off right now :p No but they usually do it afterwards, like bbfc said they're not part of the OS.

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

7. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

Those icons were updated in an OS X Yosemite-like style even before we knew OS X Yosemite existed. Even the toolbar icons were adjusted for OS X Yosemite's new Aqua.

I always thought both the app icons and the toolbar buttons were a misfit for OS X Mavericks, but I was pretty sure it was a sign of what's to come for the next major OS X release. Turned out pretty right. :)

8. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Does OS X yosemite auto-recolor the navigation bar to the new shade?

9. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

Not sure what "navigation bar" is? There's nothing called by that name in either Pages or Keynote. The toolbar however is translucent if that's what you mean. All sidebars are still opaque though from what I can tell.

10. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Yea I meant toolbar. And thanks for the info.