Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iMac' started by uplusd, Nov 3, 2008.
Bummer I wanted a new toy
translation: buy our current macs and help us clear them out before macworld!
There's no way that I'm waiting until January to buy my iMac. This sucks.
I don't know whether to buy now or wait till Macworld. A month or two ago, I'd of waited. But since the macbook pro update was such a disappointment, I don't want to risk learning they've messed with the already beautiful design or dropped firewire 400. I'll be buying on finance, so the loss would not be worth buying then switching.
Hmmn, Quite a dilemma now. Buy now and risk a huge redesign etc in January, or wait until january and all you get is a small speed bump/ nothing at all. I can live without the 'latest and greatest' internals, but don't want to miss out on a new case design and LED Screen.
What do people think of the likelihood of a redesign? Bearing in mind the white G5 case design lasted from end of 04 through the Intel update and until Summer 07 when the Aluminum was introduced. Surely that puts the Current aluminum design to last until 2009-2010?
Yep I'm bit stuck, do I wait or do I get a refurb is what I'm thinking. But as said I don't want to miss out on LED screen or some new features etc.
I too am in a bit of a predicament, though I will wait. However, if nothing is done by February then I will be really stuck.
this sucks. the fact is, i dont want to risk getting one now and missing out on some kick-butt design that comes out during the holidays.
I think as they have brought the laptop line into sync with the imac I cant see any major redesigns. Maybe it will get thinner.
I think a few months ago i would agree with you, However, seeing that new 24" Cinema Display makes me think they may try something new. To be honest though, i think im just going to buy it now, and be happy with what already is a great machine.
I was in the same position last year. In November 2007, I knew that I wanted to get an iMac. I figured that I'd wait until MacWorld 2008, because rumors were going around that the iMac would get updated. As you know, there were no updates to the iMac at MacWorld. I went ahead and bought an iMac the next day, because I had been waiting for 3 months. The updates didn't actually happen until April 2008. I'm glad I bought it when I did... I would have ended up waiting 6 months for a new iMac that only saw minor speed bumps.
A lot of people have said this and I agree. If you want to get an iMac now, get it now. If you can afford to wait until the iMac sees an update, then wait. The current iMac is awesome, my friend just got one and he loves it. I wasn't upset at all when the iMac was updated 3 months after I bought mine because it does everything I need it to and more.
I'm stuck and still we don't know if they are going to update iMac in January 2009 or not
Well I think they will update them in January 2009.
How can you tell my friend???
I have no inside knowledge so this is a strategic guess. Macworld is in January, if they are not going to be updated before XMas then this would be a good chance to release new ones.