Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
My iPhone 7 Plus finally arrived, and it's great. But I realized that there aren't any new wallpapers on my phone. Is that the case for everyone?

Reactions: bchreng

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, no new wallpapers. Was disappointed but found some decent ones online.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,816
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    735 KB · Views: 878

Camerondonal

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
United Kingdom
I was also surprised by this. I felt sure those multicoloured melty jewel/ gel ball things shown in Apple's own advertising would be wallpapers but apparently not

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Even with the new ones being added in 10.2 I'm really disappointed in the lack of stock wallpapers in iOS 10. They even removed some that I liked from iOS 9. If you're not adding new wallpapers, why do you decide that you have to remove ones that are already there?

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
I have never used, nor do I know anyone that uses the stock wallpapers. I use the photos I take. Makes the phone much more personalized IMO.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I have never used, nor do I know anyone that uses the stock wallpapers. I use the photos I take. Makes the phone much more personalized IMO.

I get bored of wallpapers very quickly. I will often change mine multiple times in the same day! But I always have favourites that I come back to regularly, and they often include stock wallpapers. Especially with iOS and it's grid of icons, most photos are just covered up anyway, but stock wallpapers are usually specially designed to make the UI look good, IMO.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I have always used my own photos for my iPhones. Once I wanted a plain white screen and photographed a piece of blank copy paper under florescent lights. Because of white balance it came out looking like a very pale gray which I liked and used it. I received many likes from people who saw it, and some went and did the same thing. If you were to do this and use an incandescent light instead you would wind up with a different color. For a more detail you could crumple the paper and then smooth it back out before you take the photo.

Have fun and be original. :D

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
My iPhone 7 Plus finally arrived, and it's great. But I realized that there aren't any new wallpapers on my phone. Is that the case for everyone?

APPLE LITERALLY GAVE YOU NO NEW WALLPAPERS FOR IPHONE 7.

That's shady. That's sad. That's why I didn't buy an iPhone 7.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I agree it's odd that Apple hasn't supplied More options for wallpapers and this Company makes decisions in mysterious ways.

I don't think it's "Shady." Apple isn't stealing from you or depriving you of something you need per se. I personally rip wallpapers off the internet, which are endless. But that's my preference.

If you choose to not purchase the iPhone 7 based off lack there of wallpapers, that's ridiculous. I understand it's your option to do so, but I feel there is more to it, as to why your not purchasing the iPhone based off just wallpapers. Seems very asinine.

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
I agree it's odd that Apple hasn't supplied More options for wallpapers and this Company makes decisions in mysterious ways.

I don't think it's "Shady." Apple isn't stealing from you or depriving you of something you need per se. I personally rip wallpapers off the internet, which are endless. But that's my preference.

If you choose to not purchase the iPhone 7 based off lack there of wallpapers, that's ridiculous. I understand it's your option to do so, but I feel there is more to it, as to why your not purchasing the iPhone based off just wallpapers. Seems very asinine.
They introduced live wallpapers and as soon as a opportunity presents itself to add another generation of live wallpapers, they don't do it.

And seeing as those blob wallpapers weren't in iOS 10 but in 10.2, they probably forgot.

And oh yeah there's more to it. iPhone 7 is not there. No headphone jack. Camera features delayed. Airpods delayed. There's absolutely no reason to go out and waste money on this clone phone. None. absolutely none.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
They introduced live wallpapers and as soon as a opportunity presents itself to add another generation of live wallpapers, they don't do it.

And seeing as those blob wallpapers weren't in iOS 10 but in 10.2, they probably forgot.

And oh yeah there's more to it. iPhone 7 is not there. No headphone jack. Camera features delayed. Airpods delayed. There's absolutely no reason to go out and waste money on this clone phone. None. absolutely none.

The Airpods have me frustrated as well. I agree there. Especially since they presented a product that should have been ready when the iPhone 7 launched.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia

What is the deal with using "literally" on everything suddenly? Everyone is saying this. I mean like, litterally, stop it like right now.

And you can add wallpapers, what a lame reason not to buy a phone. That's like not buying a new car because the car maker didn't add a color.

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
What is the deal with using "literally" on everything suddenly? Everyone is saying this. I mean like, litterally, stop it like right now.

And you can add wallpapers, what a lame reason not to buy a phone. That's like not buying a new car because the car maker didn't add a color.
I sure wouldn't buy a car if I didn't like the color
[doublepost=1478451229][/doublepost]
What you mean not going out? If you abandon Apple, what preferences do you have?
I'm just not going out buying this iPhone 7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.