No new iPhone has been confirmed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by C0die, May 28, 2009.

1. C0die macrumors newbie

before work today I had gone in to pay my iPhone bill, I asked them ifid be able to upgrade this summer to the new iPhone and both girls at the rogers desk said they had a confrence call with all other rogers via satalite and said there was no new iPhone coming out this summer, just the 3.0 software.

One is a very good friend of mine and wouldn't lie to me about it, they promised me there wasn't a new one. I dot know if
    She ment jay to rogers in the states or apple is not making a new one, you can choose to believe me, or not, just giving my experience that happened today, sorry for the lack of detail I
    aittingat work using my cell to post, anybody else get details on this?

2. w00master macrumors 65816

I think at this point, it's virtually guaranteed that there's a new iPhone coming out. #1 reason why? Those who purchased the original iPhone, their 2 year contract is almost up.

w00master

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If there is no update needed (or just minor) to the carrier, the carrier doesn't need to know. Also if it's just being announced and not released on the 8th, they might not need to know until that day. Apple is very secretive... even with their vendors.

5. C0die thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that all the rumors seem like there a one coming out and I think there is however they did have a confrence saying there was no new iPhone coming.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, and who is "they?" Rogers people, i.e. people who wouldn't necessarily know one way or the other.

There will be a new iphone. Bank on it.

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Yep. Anyone who knows Apple knows they won't go long without a refresh.
    At a minimum 32GB model and a slight case redesign.

Maybe Rogers meant "there is going to be a new iPhone but we aren't getting it this year as we have a monopoly in Canada so there is no need"

8. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Entry-level employees at a carrier said that there would be no iPhone!?!?! NOOO!!!

It must be true!

9. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

LoL! :p

USA release, Canada will get it last, that's what they meant. :D

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Apple releases everything around the same time every year. Look at iPods, MacBooks, imacs, and so fourth...and the iPhone 3G launch.

11. ViPa macrumors 6502a

lol they dont know crap about whats really happening..i used to work at at&t..we knew as much as the customers did

12. silentsal macrumors member

I have a friend who works with AT&T who owns an iPhone himself. I go in there usually twice or so a month to talk to him about new phones. He shows me the ones that were recently released and then I ask him about the upcoming phones. On several visits, he didn't know that any of the phones I mentioned were even being made, let alone coming to the place he works for.

The people who work at the stores usually don't know anything about upcoming products until either the company lets them train with them or they are released.

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep.

They know about as much as the average customer.

Now the store managers, that is a different issue. But the front line and Genius folks don't know anything ahead of time.

14. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

no offense but these posts are the stupidest posts ever... the only people that would know about a new iPhone are apple execs/att execs not some random rogers retail store girls... cmon man...

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Exactly, we get like 50 of them the two weeks before anything and they are always the same.

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The head of the Apple Marketing department said that they are going to update the iPhone every year.

Apple executives don't give a lot of hard facts to the press. When they do, it means they spent a lot of time deciding that it's something they want to say and are sure about.

That's not some random thought he had. If they say it in an interview, they mean it.

17. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Because you can always trust sales people...... :D

18. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

To be more precise, we get 50 of them and half of them are by first time posters, like this one.

19. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

No new iphone has been confirmed by some local cell phone store employees. This should be on the front page of Engadget ASAP.

WTF

20. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Sorry guys, but I think this guy's right. I just asked my mom if there'll be a new iPhone and she said no. She's the one who taught me how to tie my shoelaces so if anyone would know it'd be her.

21. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

That's not what your mom told me, and she taught me how to.....ooooook mother jokes aren't nice, my bad.

;)