No new Mac mini 2017?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I don't think we'll see one before the new Mac Pro released, so that the low end version more or less cater to the same consumers, albeit at a somewhat higher price.

epca12

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2017
UK
They could release one later in the year, they did have a lot to pack into the wwdc presentation after all
[doublepost=1497218593][/doublepost]
:(

If no new mini... the only desktop left is iMac...

But i don't like the glossy screen.
There's also the new Mac pro in 2018 :p
I think you can get matte screen covers for the iMac but I don't know as I don't mind the glossy screen

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I'm only surmising here, but clearout sales are always a great indicator of something new coming, with a YMMV caveat of course.

I subscribe to Fry's promo code emails and am seeing some discounts on Macs, including the base 2014 Mini. The new in-store price plus today's $30 promo code discount puts the base Mini at $298 - I checked, all of the B&M stores have them in stock. I almost drove to Wilsonville to pick one up but traffic thru Portland thwarted me, but that price for the Mini just keeps going down. Cheers.

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
I'm only surmising here, but clearout sales are always a great indicator of something new coming, with a YMMV caveat of course.

I subscribe to Fry's promo code emails and am seeing some discounts on Macs, including the base 2014 Mini. The new in-store price plus today's $30 promo code discount puts the base Mini at $298 - I checked, all of the B&M stores have them in stock. I almost drove to Wilsonville to pick one up but traffic thru Portland thwarted me, but that price for the Mini just keeps going down. Cheers.
With 4GB ram and no way to expand it later, it’s not worth more than $300 at most anyway.