No new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dmylrea, Oct 27, 2016.

1. dmylrea macrumors 68020

dmylrea

2. sevoneone macrumors 6502

F&*^ So disappointing, not even a nod that way...

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Considering they didn't even address it... It's dead. EOL.

4. CapnDavey macrumors 6502

CapnDavey

Just a stupid Macbook Pro with an emoji bar how stupid !

5. NostromoUK macrumors regular

Shocking treatment of Pro users by Apple.

Hmmm...Hackintosh or HPz840o_O

6. JesperA macrumors 6502a

7. sevoneone macrumors 6502

I think the "Oh hey look... here's a new Final Cut Pro version that we're not going to say anything about except show you how it works with the emoji bar." is pretty telling too.

8. honeycombz macrumors 6502

honeycombz

Can't Microsoft just fix their stupid OS so I can switch already? Tired of this. I don't care about accessing my emojis. If I want emoji I type either : ) or ( done how much do people need to emote?

9. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

I'm so disappointed, can't believe that Apple has come to this.

Such a disappointing keynote.

10. honeycombz macrumors 6502

honeycombz

We need to scrub through hundreds of emojis. This is necessary. I like how they throw in the word 'Pros' and then showcase an LG Monitor and an external drive holder.

11. violst macrumors 6502

violst

What a sink bomb! I am very disappointed in no updated MacPro. But even the new macbook pro looks like a stinker. When are they going to give that thing some real ram capacity?

12. Tesseract macrumors regular

Tesseract

Such a disappointing event. Even for Macbook Pro users. "Hey here's an extra touchpad for when you don't want to use a mouse. It will be poorly supported and will lag too much to want to use for putting emojis in your family newsletter after the next 2 security updates."

13. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird

14. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I wish they would give us the courtesy of at least announcing it's discontinued so we can all know 100% that we should move on

15. Chung123 macrumors regular

Chung123

I love the idea of a Mac Pro, but I can see the MacBook Pro plus all some externals monitors being pretty awesome for Final Cut Pro X. Work on the go.. and work at an office. Is that the idea?

16. ITguy2016 Suspended

What issues are preventing you from moving to a Microsoft OS?

17. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

And stuck at 16GB ram?!

18. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    Maybe if you're not doing any serious editing that requires RAM or compute power.

19. phybron macrumors newbie

Windows 10 is actually ok. I finally switched last week after being with Mac for 15 years. I managed to wrangle Windows 10 into a usable state. It's not perfect, but then neither is macOS. Some of the usability really grates, but overall I'm glad I switched. I now have the modular desktop that I want. It's quiet, stable, and I can change parts as I see fit. I'm not missing any Mac-specific applications so far.

20. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

Yep. It looks like Apple has decided that a portable computer is the answer to everything (at least until they tell us it's an iPad Pro):(

21. Chung123 macrumors regular

Chung123

My 6 core 2010 Mac Pro with dual 7950 AMD cards and 16 gigs ram cuts 4K footage quite well. If the MacBook Pros offer fast enough performance comparable to that.. it might be fine in my opinion, but I'm not a super power user.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Still, how hard is it for Apple just to at least just "update" the current cylinder? It's crazy!

22. --AG-- macrumors member

I have less need for my laptops now than before thanks to Dropbox/iCloud/OneDrive etc... One desktop at home and one at work, all folders synced. Some years ago I used to carry laptops between work and home, not anymore. I am not sure Apple is playing their cards right this time. If I could wish for something it would be a mac server, that all my apple gadgets could connect to... keyboards+screens, apple TV, iPads, etc...

23. violst macrumors 6502

violst

I just checked the apple site for the new macbook pro. You still only get a maximum 16gigs of ram. 32gigs needs to be the bare minimum these days for more pro level work. This event was a big fail for me across the board. Those macbook pros stink! I'll ride out my Mac Pro and then its an HP Z for me!!

24. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    Wow, only 16 GB of RAM? 32 is my bare minimum now as well.