No new MacBook 12" at WWDC? :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sakabaro, Jun 4, 2019.

1. sakabaro macrumors regular

Knew it was not very likely, but still a bit disappointed by the lack of updates. 2 years already since the last line!

The MacBook 12" is still my favorite form factor. Working currently on a 2017 MacBook 15" for the CPU. Feels so clunky though.

Very excited by the ARM prospect though!

2. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Possibly an (Intel) Ice Lake upgrade later in the summer or the fall as those chips just became available... or they may do nothing with it until making the switch to ARM sometime next year.

3. Florida Gator macrumors regular

One of these will happen:

1. They release Ice Lake updates of the MacBook and MacBook Air in August in time for back to school.

2. They wait until 2020 and release ARM-based MacBooks.

3. They let the MacBook die on the vine and tell customers to either get a MacBook Air or an iPad Pro.

4. Bel Marduk macrumors newbie

4. They merge the Macbook and Macbook Air lines.

5. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

In the UK the Macbook 12” 1.2/8/256GB 2017 model is being sold off at major retailers - Curry’s, John Lewis and Amazon for £799 brand new. Apple price £1249.

To me that indicates an update certainly prior to Mac OS Catalina and maybe to include the back to school promotion. I’d expect the new machine to have the T2 chip and Touch ID, in essence an MBA 2018 in a smaller body. I’d even go as far as to predict they’ll drop it to £999 but reduce storage to 128GB.

6. CPL593H macrumors member

A reduced bezel MB would be an instant buy for me. Wanted an updated MB but bought the MBA last year. I like it, it’s a nice machine, does everything I need, but I really love the look of the MB and the size. Every time I see a MB in the wild I feel an envy at that little machine. Something simple but beautiful about it.

7. Macalway, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

Macalway macrumors 68030

Soon. Be happy :)

They probably have a demo unit as we speak. Apparently, Intel has done a rush job on the new 10nm low power chips so we should see them pretty quick.

What remains is whether Apple will save a roll out for September or make it sooner.

8. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

I noticed that, which makes me wonder if they're now imminent? (as in launching in the next few weeks) The MBPs appeared last month out of the blue. If there's no design change, there's no need for an event. I also wonder if the nTB Pro will get an update alongside it or be discontinued.