No new Maps or Navigation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PecanEater, Oct 4, 2011.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I'm surprised there's wasn't an improved Maps or navigation app announced. Turn by turn, etc. Thoughts?

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Why would they add something useful? They have Siri and a new camera....be happy!

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lmao. Apple is so full of it. They know they can put out anything and it'd sell millions. The maps application and YouTube app are long overdue for an update.

4. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

That's going to be part of iOS 6 and be a major improvement for the next iPhone

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

"There's an app for that"
    haha but I agree the maps app needs to get turn by turn navigation

6. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I was thinking the same exact thing. Maps is pretty much the same maps as I had on the original iPhone, with the compass thing as the only real improvement.

7. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I had forgotten all about that, another thing Apple didn't address that really needed and update, man this has to be Apple's worst blunder ever..:mad:

8. Gavernty macrumors 6502

YES, especially that horrible youtube app.... omfg half the time I can't even buffer a video on wifi

9. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

I might be killing myself here but I would like to see the iphone to have maps like my Atrix. I love the turn by turn over all it is a really good gps.
    I don't know what the youtube app looks like; I haven't owned a Iphone since my 3g(Yes 3g never did go to 3gs) but that was the same as my original iphone (which personally was my favorite Iphone). I mean I have seen it on a Iphone 4 but never really messed with the app.