Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by badlydrawnboy, Oct 22, 2013.
Too bad. Maybe a separate announcement in a few weeks?
I was hoping for a Mini update as well...
Maybe a silent update alongside everything or later on.
Yeah hopefully a speedbump at least when the store re-opens. Doesn't really need a re-design IMO, but seriously needs Haswell & better gfx.
It will be Feb 2014 at the earliest... Mini's are on a 400-day upgrade cycle, usually the last product line to get upgrades.
And the 13" MBP did not get Iris Pro graphics, so everyone knows what that means.
I don't think Apple will keep Mac Mini without Haswell until the end of this year.
I wonder if it will also get PCI-flash storage and a higher RAM limit?
I am thinking that when the new Mac Pro is available the mini will be silently updated. Perhaps lower price and haswell processor for sure. I would not expect an increase in minimum ram.
there will be a silent update before 2014, it will be stupid to waste the holiday season without something new for the people to buy.
I'm irritated that they didn't announce anything for the mini today. I have been looking to replace my 2007 MBP that is basically a desktop now and the mini with a dual monitor setup fits my needs perfectly. I have just been holding out until the refresh.
Hopefully, as others have said, there will be a silent refresh soon.
So So SO disappointed.
Hope they don't kill it off like the non retina MBP's
Mavericks' new features that help to get the most out of low RAM and integrated graphics might mean that Apple sees no reason to upgrade the Mini with Haswell. Either that or a silent update in December. I'm hoping for the latter!
I was extremely dissapointed. It's like Crapple doesn't give a s@it about any computers that you can easily up grade yourself or that are cheap. The Mac Mini has been the #1 Best Selling Desktop on Amazon for the past 2 years.
I think we will see a design change to mirror the pro
Look for a ninja update in the next few weeks, I bet.
Second one....maybe not!
I'll bet your are right about when it's released. I would expect an increase in RAM capability though. Even the 13" rMBP got that today.
You mean a silent update in the next 1-2 weeks (similar to iMacs).
I'm freaking bummed! I sold my iMac to get the latest and greatest. I'm down to only 1 mac now! What's a guy to do?
total cost may be higher if more RAM is offered.
Of course, everything depends on graphics....
This is the "point of interest"! This will also indicate whether or not BTO mobile i7 Haswell processor is dual or quad core....
I've posted this before, I'll say it again.
There won't be a new Mini this year.
Apple still has not introduced the new Mac Pro yet, and any revamp of the Mini will come _after_ the Mac Pro has hit the market and is selling.
Apple will not let the Mini steal from Mac Pro sales or impact them if possible. The best way to assure this is to hold back the Mini introduction to let the Mac Pro shine on its own.
I would expect to see a new Mini (that is, if there's going to _be_ a new Mini) up for sale in January or February 2014.
Maybe December, but again, ONLY after the Mac Pro is on the shelves...
Wait for a couple of weeks...if nothing happens, then order a new full BTO 21.5'' iMac (w/dGPU) or a new 15'' MBP (i7 BTO).
Ninjas are cooler