No new sounds in OS X Yosemite?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by iCore24, Jun 5, 2014.

1. iCore24 macrumors 6502

iCore24

In IOS 7 beta, they had IOS 6 sounds and ringtones. But after the GM release they added all the new tones.

Will we see the same with OS X Yosemite?

They already changed the startup look by making it black instead of white and put a loading bar under a white Apple logo.

Is the ancient startup sound seeing a end soon along with other sound effects?

2. bennibeef macrumors 6502

I have a different iMessage sound, but I'm not 100% sure if its new, but its already an annoying biiiing

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

didn't the iMessage notification have a different sound during the Keynote demo?

4. iCore24 thread starter macrumors 6502

iCore24

It does, but its not "new".

Its one of the IOS 7 ringtones.

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

right, but they're not going to make brand new sounds, they'll use some iOS 7 sounds likely

6. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Just because Apple added new tones to iOS7 doesn't mean they will do the same in Yosemite. They didn't add any to Mavericks, and TBH I don't remember the last time Apple added any truly new sounds to OS X. There really isn't a need or a demand for new sounds, so it would make more sense for Apple to focus on the things that are drawing attention.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm pretty sure the startup chime is conformation of diagnostic checks being passed on boot and is hard coded in the firmware - it may be on something like the sound chip, I'm not 100% on where it is exactly.

Anyway, an OS update can't change it.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Does it matter? They may add some in the GM, but what does it matter during the DEVELOPER previews?

9. yeldarbnamdlog macrumors member

I'll tell you what I've missed most, since the time of OS8 and OS9 and even the early days of the first public OS X beta, is: The sound alert that Apple called 'Indigo' - That loud, music 'donk'.

They kept Sosumi, but removed Indigo.

I've always considered Indigo one of the two TRADEMARK Apple sounds...For me, when I think Apple, I always think of Indigo and EEP!

BRING THEM BACK DAMNIT!!!