iPhone No new tweaks coming out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fdjofre, Feb 14, 2014.

1. fdjofre macrumors member

Sooo, lately I've been checking cydia several times during the day and there's practically no new tweaks coming out. Mostly themes or fonts but not much else. What's up with developers?

Anyone else notice this?

2. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I think most of the easy, obvious tweaks (like Control Center mods) have pretty much been done at this point. Now it's time for more creative tweaks, and these take time to put together. Be patient! I know that A3Tweaks and rpetrich are working on some pretty cool stuff. And David Ashman is working on LockInfo 7, which I'm sure will be awesome.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not quite sure of what you're expecting, but Cydia isn't like the App store where there's multiple new apps every day.

I see a lot of new stuff though, just most of it I'm not interested in or can't use (iOS 7 themes, Bytafont 2 fonts, etc).

I find it nice though that at least with some new tweaks the devs are considering earlier versions of iOS.

Note Creator was new a few weeks back and it's iOS 6 compatible. The dev has worked on it constantly since then with new updates almost every few days.

4. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Subscribe to myjailbreakmovies on YouTube, he shows off new jailbreak tweaks pretty much everyday.

5. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

I'm more than satisfied with what all the devs have released within less than 2 month since iOS7 JB was released.

6. fdjofre thread starter macrumors member

It's true, maybe the basics have been covered and what follows are more complex tweaks.

Any idea what Ryan and A3 are working on? It must be something big.

7. rhythmcontrol macrumors regular

rhythmcontrol

We need the unauthorized lighting cable tweak to work! It was promised and it never worked. Please developers

8. zone23 macrumors 68000

Just wondering why you would use a knock-off cable on your 700$+ device? Is it all about saving a few dollars?

9. rhythmcontrol macrumors regular

rhythmcontrol

Nah I understand the cables. I have a charger/bank case that has a cover unlike the bulky mophie case. This one has a cover and also charges but it won't work without the tweak

10. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

A new tweak just released called LockSafety. It prevents powering down the phone from the lockscreen. I immediately installed it. This is something I have been wanting since the new activation lock of iOS 7. Granted, a thief can still pop out the sim card, but at least it slows them down just a touch more so I can have a chance to "Find My iPhone" with data networks still connected.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! Sorry, not laughing at you. iCaughtU Pro has been available for a long time and has had this feature for some time.

In fact my wife gets confused when my iPhone messages her that someone tried to shut my phone down (me, accidentally) at the lockscreen.

Both iGotYa and iCaughtYou Pro offer a few more anti-theft features than just that too. I balked at the cost in early 2013 but then thought about whether $10 was worth protecting my $900+ iPhone. Yeah. It was.

12. co.ag.2005, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

I tried iCaughtU a while ago and wasn't impressed (didn't work that often). But I'm sure it has been updated and works quite well now a days. I may have to try it again. Thanks for having a good laugh at my expense ;)

13. phreebsd macrumors regular

cylay is much more powerful solution. You can remotely view the cameras via streaming video, take screenshots, view call logs, capture audio, capture pictures from both cameras in addition to all features of ICaughtU and iGotYa.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

What repo is that on? Not finding it in the stock repos…

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    I installed igotya last year and glad its updated to work with ios7. Its a great security hack to have.

16. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

17. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

Cylay came up for me on modmyi repo... version 5.4.2... is that current or the right app?

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Thanks! It helps a lot if I actually spell the name of the tweak correctly when I search for it! :eek:

19. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Out of curiosity, I added this repo to see if there was anything cool to check out. But after adding it, the repo is empty. Is this correct? Do you see packages when you connect?

20. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm not seeing anything either, but I was thinking that might have something to do with having too many packages in too many repos.

I found it the tweak though as I'd been searching with a typo before.

21. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Which of the two do you recommend? I just want it to disable the device from being turned off

22. fdjofre thread starter macrumors member

Seriously, I thought UIColors and night mode were submitted yesterday, so where are they now? I like discovering tweaks and it's getting boring :(

Not even updates, nothing!

23. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

The developer of uicolors said it takes 2-3 days for cydia is to make it available. Plus I would cut the uicolors dev some slack, he's only 14 and in 9th grade,

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Boring?
    You need a hobby:D
    Install and use the hacks and you need and use not every single thing you see pop up on cydia.

25. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You could've also used activator to suppress the original action of long hold sleep button on lock screen (if you use activator)