NO new "X" addition in 18?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Sep 13, 2017.

1. steelo3232 macrumors regular

Why do I feel the more I research and the expected scarce supply of this phone over the next 6 MONTHS, and all the difficulties it took to get this one released, why do I feel like in 2018 there won't be a new "X" model but rather what is the Iphone 8 today will get the refresh to bring it more in line the X and the first changes to the x Model won't happen until 2019?

Can apple really take six months (seems to be the consensus as to about how long it will take to satisfy demand (that puts us at May) and then release a follow up to the X in September 2018.... many folks who order the X might only be 4-6 months in with their X by the time the next apple event is held which, would be some pretty hefty payments for those folks to turn around and be able to upgrade again.

I really believe that the iphone X might not get a refresh in 18 because it simply takes them too long to make them and it will take too long to fulfill demand creating to short a turn around in most people's upgrade cycles.

Thoughts?

2. eoren1 macrumors 6502

This is my concern/dilemma

I have the 6 and am ready to get the X via the Apple Upgrade Program.

I can't imagine being able to get one before December. I also don't think Apple will continue the two lines of iPhones being released at different intervals. I would hate to be 'stuck' on a December upgrade cycle when the next iPhone X comes out.

I'm not sure the math is great on the AUP program with an 18 month time to iPhone Xs though...

3. oplix Suspended

oplix

they will just make iphone x an iphone 9 and sell it as a new device next year.

4. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

5. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Well, if they come out with a 6 1/2" iPhone 11+ then it makes all the sense in the world to end the iPad mini. :)

Me, I don't think Apple's idiotic enough to produce an iPhone 9. Next year, the iPhone X will be the 11, with the iPhad *ahem* 11+ having the larger screen.

After their performances at this event, I really doubt Touch ID will survive (barring something going horribly wrong with Face ID).

6. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

The iPhone 9 will come. Not only did Apple leave a spot for it in the naming scheme, Tim Cook cannot wait to remix the iPhone 6 / 7 / 8 for the last time...

7. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Well, anyone buying a "new model" aka 9 or 11 iPhone in 2018 that still has a bezel will certainly qualify for the Apple Lemming title. :) They should all be edge to edge OLED by then.

8. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Just think- in five years, they might refer to the iphone 9 as “iphone classic” and sell it for an SE-like price. Ha

9. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Well, it's good that they have different price points....but they have way too damn many models now.