No news on the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Jan 15, 2008.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Interesting. I'm sure most of us were expecting to hear on the next model, but we already knew about this firmware, which is nothing great.

Thoughts?

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

the next iPhone? This one is only 200 days old. I say after a year we can expect some info. But concidering how the people got their panties into a wad about the price drop can you imagine the anger that would ensue from a new iPhone?

3. biecacka macrumors newbie

i am surprised of no news of a new iphone too. but i kinda understand the current iphone is still "new" with all the upgrades out there:apple:

4. joeminkie macrumors newbie

i was at least hoping for a 16GB version. I don't need 3G or any new hardware... but come on, give me some more space! i would have been at the store right now buying one if it had come out... how long do we have to wait?

5. Pablo macrumors regular

I was disappointed in this as well. 8Gb just won't cut it for me, but 32, or even 16 and I'd probably be placing an order right now.

6. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

another thought is that if Apple plays this right, they will release #s right about the time that people are getting to the end of their contracts, or as AT&T lets you re-sign after one year, that could be pretty soon. This way they get the dollar from holdouts on the first iPhone and than people that will upgrade. Most people wouldnt upgrade right now, well a few of us would, but most wouldnt.

7. rfong06 macrumors member

8. aonflux macrumors member

there was no need for apple to announce the new iPhone today. they just launched the thinnest notebook ever. it is beautiful. it deserves to be center of attraction this time.

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I know some of you wanted a hardware update today but it was never going to happen. A lot of us told you that but you didn't want to believe. Look to WWDC for your next fix.

10. rfong06 macrumors member

I'm pissed waited 8 months for a new iphone !@#!#!#@!4

11. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well I always said that apple would wait 2 years, but you have to admit some were expecting to hear the status of the next iPhone.

But I'm eager to upgrade already, just saying