No Night Shift Mode in iPad 9.3.5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by censminger, Feb 27, 2017.

1. censminger macrumors newbie

censminger

This has been driving me crazy for a while now. I'm trying to get my iPad mini on night shift mode but there isn't the option in either the settings or the pull-up options. When I google it I find a lot of instructions for 9.3 but they all show the night shift mode which mine doesn't have. I have upgraded to the latest version and I have been able to do it on my iPhone. It's not thaaaat old, but might be too old for this option even though the software is the same (or newer) on the tutorials I've seen. If mine is too old, what are my options? I'm tired of reading on my iPhone ;)

2. 2457244 macrumors regular

I think you need at least an iPad with a 64-bit processor or something. The cool dudes can probably explain while.

iPad mini 2 or newer
    iPad Air or newer

3. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Sounds like your iPad doesn't support it.

Not to mention that even if it doesn't...you be fine, anyway. Night mode is overrated.

4. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Only by those who do not use it. I find it excellent for reading after sunset.

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I'm sure you use it and appreciate it...but I think on the whole, it is overrated.

YMMV of course.

6. af21187 macrumors 6502

I fall asleep quicker at night when I use night mode on the phone. Overrated? Psh. No way.