Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
Apple watch series 4. Just updated to 5.1. Checked the settings and it’s on...but doesn’t work. It will work if I reset the watch, but then stops working after about 5 minutes. Anyone else having this problem?

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
Working ok for me with 5.1. I just checked it on the charger next to me.
Strangely enough it’s working now. It started working about 20 minutes after I posted this, and worked every time I used it last night after. But when I made the post it wouldn’t work. I was rocking the table pretty good and it still wouldn’t work. Must of been a glitch.

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Our two watches did the same thing. Nightstand mode was not working properly last night after the update, but seemed to be ok this morning. Strange.

Reactions: Waterman316

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
Just to update...even though it came back for me last night and was working, it’s not working tonight.

erennjr

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
Series 4 watch. Sometimes nightstand mode works, sometimes it does not. Worked fine before the latest watch os update ?

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I came searching for a thread like this because I just now updated to 5.1 and mine doesn't work. If I type the watch face, it will light up, but it doesn't if I bump it... even really hard. I loved how sensitive it was before, but now it's not just less sensitive, it doesn't work at all unless I touch the watch face... Ugh.

I literally updated like 15 minutes ago, so hoping it comes back like it did for some of you.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
I came searching for a thread like this because I just now updated to 5.1 and mine doesn't work. If I type the watch face, it will light up, but it doesn't if I bump it... even really hard. I loved how sensitive it was before, but now it's not just less sensitive, it doesn't work at all unless I touch the watch face... Ugh.

I literally updated like 15 minutes ago, so hoping it comes back like it did for some of you.
Mine still only works half of the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.