No Nike+ App Watch update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Julien, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Nike+ is one of Apple's most coveted and promoted 3ed party :apple:Watch Apps. It is also prominently listed on the :apple:Watch App page (4th down). We know Apple and Nike have a close relationship. However it still has not been updated for the :apple:Watch despite all others (I believe) being updated. Seems Nike/Apple are cutting it down to the wire on this.

2. Chiguy12 macrumors member

Chiguy12

It was just updated. I use the Nike run app all time and it's one of my favorite apps! And yes you're right Nike has a good relationship with Apple. I wish the Nike run app was native because you can't use the heart rate monitor on 3rd party apps. You up for a Nike challenge?

Attached Files:

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G4

Julien

Good news. I have a Garmin 620 and use my iPhone and Nike+ as a backup recording. Have tried and used dozens of Apps through the years and Nike+ is the most accurate one so far.

I know 3ed party Apps aren't (yet) supposed to have access to sensors but I'm hoping Apple is allowing Nike+ to use the HR sensor (I know, not likely but.....) because of their unique relationship. On the App page Nike+ shows HR and doesn't say needing a 3ed party BT HR strap. So far it is not in the :apple:Watch App store so no full discretion. May have to wait and see for myself.

[​IMG]

4. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

We will have to wait till the WatchSDK is released then maybe third party apps can utilize the Watch's hardware.