No Notes app on my 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViperrepiV, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

I upgraded to the 3GS from an unlocked and jailbroken 2G iphone. I had done some customization on my old iphone, including themes, SBS settings, as well as using the "categories" app to hide some apps that I don't use that often. Among the hidden apps, notes was one of them.

When I got my new iPhone, i plugged it into itunes, and restored it from the last backup I had made. After the sync was complete, I noticed that the notes app was gone! It doesn't even come up in a spotlight search! Not a huge deal for me, because I never used it, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, I had several "blanks" in my old phone - generated by a program called iBlank - which were essentially transparent icons that linked to a dead page in safari. These allowed me to arrange the icons in interesting ways. Anyways, these carried over too.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone else has seen the same thing.

2. superxero3 macrumors regular

that happened to me with the settings app... yeah that sucked.

Here's how to fix it. Open settings and go to restrictions (i can't remember off-hand where it is). Enable the restrictions (you will either have to enter a new pin code or put in your existing one), flip some of the switches on and off, revert them back to normal, and then disable restrictions, and all of your apps should be there.

This was really hard to do without the settings app... i had to plug my phone into an accessory that is incompatible with the 3G.. and then click the button to put it into airplane mode. From there i had to go to safari, and an error would pop up saying it wouldn't work in airplane mode, and one of the buttons on the alert was settings! hahah

3. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

You were supposed to un-Category any apps that you put in folders before your backed up or else they "disappear" on restores. :)

I've also read that enabling parental controls or something seems to bring back hidden app icons.

5. ViperrepiV thread starter macrumors regular

haha that's great! well done.

thanks for the info, i'll give it a shot

6. ViperrepiV thread starter macrumors regular

7. leh243 macrumors newbie

I had my settings button hidden as well and forgot to un-hide it when I updated. I'm not sure what what would be best to use to access my iphone to put it into airplane mode and bring back the settings. Any ideas?

8. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Restore and set up as a new phone.

9. superxero3 macrumors regular

awesome

You need to find a way to open the settings app, and the best way i have found is to plug it into an accessory that doesn't work with your phone (go to the mall and find a store that has a lot of iphone accessories) and do what i did in my post earlier

10. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

well u could just tape a notepad to the back of your phone ;)