iPhone No notifications from third-party apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Sneakerp, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Sneakerp macrumors member

So I updated to the GM yesterday from latest iOS 7 and noticed I don't receive notifications from third party apps (Instagram, PayPal, Facebook, etc).

All notifications are turned on and settings are the same from the previous iOS. It seems like only Apple apps (iMessage and Mail) pushes notifications.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. themikea macrumors regular

themikea

Noticing the same thing from a couple of third party apps that I typically get notifications from. Everything is turned on in, but not getting any notifications.

3. Sneakerp thread starter macrumors member

Glad I'm not the only one. Not sure if this is happening to other people, but I hope this is an isolated incident. The world will explode if people don't get their notifications.

Hope apple has a fix for this soon.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like it's not a general issue, so might be something with the install or something else particular to various people's devices.

5. Sneakerp thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I'm thinking too. I'll see what happens when I get the iPhone 6 with iOS 8 pre-installed.

6. Padmini macrumors 6502a

Or you could have done a clean install and not dealt with issues that come from restoring from a backup of beta software, or worse, an older OS.

7. TheDonNguyen macrumors newbie

did you find a fix for this or is it an install issue?

8. Sneakerp thread starter macrumors member

I will do this once iOS8 is officially out. Don't want to risk bricking the phone.

Not yet. I'll update the thread after 9/17.

9. TheDonNguyen macrumors newbie

i originally had this issue with Instagram...after deleting and reinstalling the app, notifications have returned

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I disabled the notification and then enabled it again. It works about 80% of the time after that toggle. For the few that didn't (including Amazon), I deleted and reinstalled the app, and then it worked fine.

11. Sneakerp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks you two. I'll try deleting and reinstalling the app. It seems like this may be an isolated issue with Instagram.