No notifications on home screen or in apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjk454ss, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Somehow I lost my notifications for texts, and I think everything else, when I'm on my home screen or in an app. They appear on the lockscreen only. I hear the sound when a text comes in, but get no notification on the screen. Earlier I got a call and my phone was ringing, but nothing appeared on the screen to tell me who was calling or that I was even getting a call.

I thought it might be from removing CallBar, but I reinstalled and that doesn't seem to be it. I don't see anything in IntelliscreenX to cause this, or in any other tweaks.

Does anyone have any ideas? I installed Lorem and Ipsum tonight, I can try removing those?

2. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm not sure if maybe it just text messages, I just got a notification from Sportacular. I can't test the phone calls right now, I don'y have another phone to call from. But I send a text to myself, close Messages, and I just get a sound and the badge shows up. No notification popup.

I've removed Lorem, Ipsum, CallBar, IntelliscreenX, and other tweaks/apps I really didn't think would make a difference anyway.

I really don't want to do a restore.:(

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, sorry to carry out a conversation with myself. I don't know why I didn't think of this, but it must be from removing BiteSMS. I removed it to try Messages+ or whatever comes with IntelliscreenX. I installed BiteSMS and I get the quickreply when I get a text. But I still don't see how I would restore the popup notification if I don't want to use BiteSMS anymore.