No notifications on Lock screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derek87, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

i don't know what i'm doing wrong, but i dont' seem to be getting any calendar notifications on my home screen. i have the "show on lock screen" enabled as well as banners chosen...i can see them in the notification center, but i was hoping and expecting to be able to see calendar events at a quick glance on my lock screen?

any thoughts on what i am not doing right?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

It will show your alerts (for example, if you have your calendar notify you 15 mins before the event, etc) but it won't show your next upcoming event ala window phone

3. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

You can only view notifications on Lockscreen, not the actual Notification Center unfortunately.

4. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm...that's not working either though...i have it set to notify 5 min before starting but nothing shows up :(

----------

?

i can only view notifications if i use the "pull down" notification center where i see a list of upcoming calendar events, but NOT on the lock screen which is what i desire!

5. theperipheral macrumors 6502

You can only view notifications on your lockscreen if they occured while the phone was locked. If you are using the phone, and you get a text, it will not show up on your lockscreen.

If you're driving down the road and you get a text, and you don't feel or hear it, then when you eventually turn your phone on, that notification will appear on your lockscreen.

it's pretty simple.

6. Derek87 thread starter macrumors 6502

i understand that. yet, in my case, phone is locked. event occurs and nothing shows up on lock screen to let me know nor is there anything when i check afte r the time the alert should have occurred.

...very frustrated as this was one of the major things i was looking forward to in IOS5