No Notifications on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JackieInCo, Mar 20, 2017.

1. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Ok, I've done some google searches and have tried everything that they say to ensure that notifications will come through on my watch but none do whatsoever.

I've even tried pairing with another iPhone and the same thing happens.

Any ideas here?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If you have tried 'everything' as you say you and already tried an initial re-pair, then I would reset and erase all settings, set up as new Apple Watch.

3. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

But that's what happened when I paired it with another iPhone. From what I have read, pairing with another phone resets the watch.

4. Relentless Power, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Wrist detection activated? I can't attest to pairing with another iPhone. You have the option of restoring from backup or setting up as a new Apple Watch.

5. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

Notifications will only come through on the watch when the display is on such as when I am using an app. Is that how it is supposed to work?

6. Relentless Power, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Do you have wrist detection activated? Notifications will only display when you're wearing the watch, if you are not wearing the watch, you won't receive any notifications. The display does not have to be activated for a message or notification to come through, as long as you are wearing the watch.

7. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

I just don't understand why they are not coming in when I am wearing the watch. As soon as i turn on the display they come through.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Ok, I think I figured it out. Another site I read said to turn off wrist detection. When I did that, notifications now come through with the display off.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Yes, that's correct, wrist detection can be deactivated for notifications.