No Notifications Received?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scnrfrq, Mar 31, 2015.

1. scnrfrq macrumors newbie

I got a replacement iPhone 6, and I'm not getting any notifications in the Notification Center from any of my apps. I spoke to both Verizon and Apple support, and all my settings are correct. I reinstalled several apps, and reset my network settings. They couldn't solve this.

My previous phone worked fine, and I restored this new phone from a backup in iIunes. I can't be the only one who has this problem. Can someone help?

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Do you at least get text message, phone, and calendar notifications? Those should still work.

Under settings > notifications, I assume you already checked if apps have allow notifications for every app?

Since you have a backup, what happens if you wipe your phone and setup as a new device? If it now works then your backup is broken in some way.

You might have to start fresh if Apple couldn't solve this issue.

3. scnrfrq thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the other things do still work. All the apps are set up right to. I'll have to reconsider setting it up as new. I have over 100 apps I'd have to reinstall I guess from scratch. And the contacts and photos......

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

You can restore only contacts and photos from iCLOUD

5. scnrfrq thread starter macrumors newbie

My wife's iPhone 5 only gets notifications from one app sporadically, and none from all her other apps. Just a coincidence with my problem?

6. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Do you recieve notifications from stock apps ( apple ones ) ?

7. scnrfrq thread starter macrumors newbie

I reset my phone by holding the home and sleep buttons. I also opened all the apps, as Apple said to do after restoring a phone from a backup. I started to get notices after that. I'm now seeing if they are all coming thru as they should.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah opening the apps often seems to be what gets things going for some reason.