no older apps on my iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1458279, Jun 18, 2014.

1. 1458279 Suspended

I have about 6 apps that are already on my iPT. I haven't updated or downloaded in a LONG LONG time, probably over a year.

I see a few new apps and wanted to add them to the device. I have them downloaded but they aren't going to the device and it seems to want me to delete everything and start over.

In iTunes, I look at my device and it doesn't show any of my current apps.

How do I get it to just add the new apps?

Do I have to do a backup, then add the new apps or will that even work?

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Are they App Store purchased apps? If so, just open the App Store on the iPT and download them from the Updates tab (lower right). I am assuming you are still using the same Apple ID you used to purchase them.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

It really depends if Apple removed them or not from the Apps store. You can try to retrieve them from you computer if you still have it in your iTunes folder.

Someone said you can look around iTunes store under receipts and possible click that and that would start the process of putting it in your queue, you know the location that in the Apps store that says "not on my iPod".

I notice the same thing when I tried to load an app I had purchased awhile back. i.e. Shrek Kart. You cannot download it anymore from iTunes App store. The only way I got it back was that it was still on my computer. One I loaded it onto my iOS device, a backup was created in the iCloud.

or

If you see the App and it's not downloading.. Maybe you are updating from a newer version which requires iOS6 or 7.