iPad No one else find the full size retina screen pixelated?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eth123, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Eth123 macrumors newbie

Am I the only one who thinks the full size retina display is still under par? Retina or not I, it is not sharp enough to to ensure pixel free text.

Was hoping for a bump in ppi this time round but it hasn't happened. I think all screens should have a minimum ppi of around 300.

Looks like the retina mini is the only option for me. However I already have a Nexus 7 2013.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Really? Have you seen the thing? I hardly see pixels on my iPad Mini first gen, let alone a full sized retina model.. Have you seen the thing in person? I think PPI is overrated and Apple has done well to not go down competitors' routes and go 400+... You just really can't see it (unless you press your face to the glass).

3. Eth123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you kidding. The mini first gen has more pixels than a teenagers face. Its screen is horrendous. I own a mini first gen as well as the ipad 3 and 4 but only use my Nexus 7 because of the ppi.

4. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Wow :) I just don't hold it so close to my face :p It may be because i have bad eyesight though... I have noticed a difference on my iPhone 5S to the mini but not that much that I don't use it any more...

5. gCloud macrumors 6502a

I had an iPad 3 (I have completely gone off tablets now) and that seemed very pixelated when viewing photos.

How many tablets do you need by the way? I count 4 from your post :)