No one to facetime too

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mademan12321, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I was excited to see about people getting to use facetime, but 2 people aren't able to get theres until mid July and my brother isn't eligible until September. Anyone in the same situation?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i would of been able to as my girlfriend is getting one on launch. but then apple decided to not release the white one on launch so now she'll have one and I wont until white gets released. :mad: and let me tell you reading all these iphone 4 reviews isnt helping me wait!

3. Jason Bourne macrumors member

Wonder why Apple wouldn't allow facetime to connect to iChat so you could at least video chat with people who have a macbook or something.

4. markel253 macrumors regular

My daughter will be getting one mid-July so I will have someone to spend some face time with!

5. Resist macrumors 68030

I have been using the free Knocking Video app, until I can get an iPhone 4. It works great, even if you have to turn the phone around for them to see you.

6. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

In the same boat here! I only know a couple of other people who have iPhones, period, and I don't think either of them are getting the i4.

7. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

8. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I dont have anyone to :( facetime with. My wife wont get the white one till it is released.

9. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

Me, neither. Unless my brothers and/or Sis in law are getting the iP4 by December (when the Family plan contract actually expires, since noone of them are bothering with the early upgrades). I guess I'll just stick with talking on the phone regularly. How boring. XD

My mom doesn't care about the iPhone 4 (she even said to wait 2 YEARS to get it, and by that time, the iPhone 5 or 6 will be out). And Dad only likes the regular ol' cellphones. Lame-o.

I was excited about the Facetime too. I hope I get to use it someday. :)

10. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Your girlfriend gets a black iPhone 4 and then when the white comes out she gets a new phone and you get her black one? You're a really good boyfriend if I'm understanding the situation correctly :)

11. awestruck macrumors regular

Me AND my brother both got one, so I'll have someone :D

12. awestruck macrumors regular

Me AND my brother both got one, so I'll have someone :D

13. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

me and my sis are getting iP4's on launch day. I have already decided that the first thing we do with them is to start a FaceTime call, even if were gonna be in the same house haha.

14. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

haha no I want the white one. She originally was going to get my 3GS but when ATT let everyone upgrade she ended up deciding to get a 4. So i'm not all that great. however still going to the store to add the line for her and torture myself in the process should warrant SOME brownie points haha.

15. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I will have no one. One person I know has a 3G and the other recently bought a 3GS, so he's not upgrading either.

I had my 3GS 6 months, but that hasn't stopped me from an early $499 upgrade!:D

16. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

almost everyone I know has an iphone. Where do you guys live?

17. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Uhhm here's and idea... why don't you all videochat with each other? :eek:

18. kels0119 macrumors member

kels0119

my best friend is getting one so as soon as we are both activated (whether they ship tomorrow or the next day) and the servers aren't down then we will def give FaceTime a try! wooooooooooooooooooooo hoo! :D

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

I have no one to try it with either. Hopefully, Skype, Fring or some company like that enables video chat for their App. I know on my Nexus One, we have Fring, that will allow you to video chat on Skype. It works nice - but it'll be even better if I had a front-facing camera on my N1. Hopefully Fring enables this for the iPhone app.