No one using Discover for 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BiggiePhat, Sep 25, 2015.

1. BiggiePhat macrumors regular

I was going to go for the Upgrade Program but with all these hard pulls and issues I was thinking why don't I use my Discover with the 10% Apple Pay CB.

Does Apple not take Apple Pay or Am I missing something? Haven't seen anyone do this on the forums as of yet...

2. flur macrumors 68000

Wow, 10% cash back? That's great. You should definitely do that, it's a much better deal than the upgrade program (if you have the cash to pay it off before interest accrues, of course).

LOL, I was pretty happy with the 2% my card was giving me.

3. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

I tried to use my Discover card via Apple Pay to pay for the Upgrade Program but got told my card was declined or somesuch. Which doesn't make sense as I have plenty of credit. So I had to whip out my Visa. :(

4. bobbigre macrumors newbie

I picked up my phone from UPS went to the Apple store, returned it and refought it using Discover 1% + 10% times Double Cash back = 22%. Then stopped at Trader Joes for same 22% cash back. Way to go Discover!!

5. cardfan macrumors 65816

Yep, I got two iphones this way. Subsidized phones. Save 22%. It's the way to go. I've already switched the two lines to data only plans @10 a month and put them in the ipads.

6. mb2008 macrumors regular

Bought two phones full price + cases +apple care. I was the first customer, they said, "Oh, you're getting your 10% cashback!" First time didn't take, second went through.

7. ibcj macrumors member

8. bugelrex macrumors regular

How did you you explain it at the apple store? "can I switch payments"? or did they process a return and sell you a 'different' unit?

9. mb2008 macrumors regular

10% cashback applies to using Discover through Apple Pay on any instore purchase now through Dec. 31 up to $10,000.

10. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Are you in GR? I almost I'd the same thing with the new Trader Joes across from the Apple Store.

I did buy 2 iPhone with the extra 10%. First time I used my Apple Watch for Apple Pay atop:). Supposedly Discover is doubling even the 10% bonus if your new and part of the double cash back bonus program. I've got my fingers crossed for 22%, but I'm happy with just 10% extra too.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Did you return and rebuy the same exact phone? Or did they have to get a different phone for you? I'm thinking of opening and using one, would like to know if they can just return it and let me rebuy the same one?

12. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Well since mine is still MIA at the UPS hub I may pop into Apple and see if they have it if so I will for sure be using my Discover IT.

13. bobbigre macrumors newbie

I did a return and re-buy

14. upnorth067 macrumors member

upnorth067

Thanks for your info. Thinking of doing the same. When you did the return and re-buy, had you opened the iPhone or did you leave it still wrapped in the original plastic?

15. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

16. bobbigre macrumors newbie

It was wrapped, they have to return a closed book, otherwise they can't resell it.

17. upnorth067 macrumors member

upnorth067

Guess I'll head to the Apple Store and return/buy my phone before I get a chance to play it. Thanks for the info.

18. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Ugh what the hell? I didn't know discover was compatible with Apple Pay already? I thought it was in October. Missed out on the 10% cash back but I'm gonna start paying with discover and Apple Pay for the next couple months then.

19. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I used my discover for that and an Apple Watch. I will also use it for the mini 4 and Apple TV. I may hit the 10k mark by 12/31 since the holidays are approaching.

20. tiguanito macrumors member

Couldn't find a 6s plus today in store, so will try to reserve one online in the coming days, and pick it up in the store.
    Can I reserve it online, and then use Apple Pay (with my Discover) in the store ? or will I have to enter the credit card and pay during the online reservation ?
    thanks.

21. wsbsteven macrumors member

I was able to return and buy my same phone that I pre ordered using apple pay. It took less than 10 minutes.