No option for mobile hotspot 4.3.1 redsn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by understando, Apr 4, 2011.

1. understando macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, Subject pretty much says it all. I updated to 4.3 last night & jailbroke. Went to check in my settings today and mobile hotspot isnt there?

Anyone else? Or any ideas?

It's not that I really want to enable mobile hotspot via AT&T, but I would like to use the functionality with tetherme or whichever is best for the function.

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i have it. did you go to 4.3 or 4.3.1?

If you did the latest update and jailbroke via redsnow, it should be under settings...general...network.

3. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

what iphone do you have? Apple's hotspot only works on iPhone 4. If you have a 3g or 3gs or even an original iphone. There are some great alternatives "even better" such as Mywi.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Also it tends to disappear if you aren't paying for the service. TetherMe will magically bring it back.

It can be found right in Settings. No needs to go to Network.

5. understando thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ah. I'm just dumb and didn't search around enough. Thought it was located in the homescreen of settings. Thanks for the replies!