No Option for Passcode Lock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by illegalprelude, Jul 5, 2010.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

So here is an odd one. I've noticed my iPhone 4 acting weird with the proximity sensor so I did the full reset of my phone. Now since then, I've gone to setup my lock code again and thats no problem. Expect the only option I see is immediately... I dont get to choose anymore the frequency of the passcode. I've tried to reset again and turn my phone on and off. No go. I've changed the password, turn the code on and off. No go. Anybody else run into this?

2. anthonie macrumors newbie

I just did the reset settings deal too, and I only have the "immediate" option as well. maybe we'll need to do a full restore for it to come back??

3. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Did the reset fix your prox sensor problem? I did a network reset, which was suggested by macworld. but i still have major prox sensor problems.

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I cant call it one way or another yet as I've been on the phone very little today. I'll be with some clients tomorrow so more phone calls then and ill be able to better report. But wow, from one bug to another lol

5. izibo macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat. Tried to fix proximity sensor and now this is my reward.

6. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

Yes I have the same issue. This dam phone is more of a headache that its worth!:mad:

i did a restore and it came back stupid pain in the ass os!

7. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Tried reset settings, now another bug has entered the iPhone

I tried the reset settings, and now I also am unable to do anything with the passcode beyond "immediate"

This sucks. I follow Apple suggestion and it gives me another bug in the phone.

I don't want to have to enter a passcode on my phone every time I unlock it, but I do want some security- 15 minutes before the screen locked was perfect.

Please inform apple of these issues so they can fix it- it takes 10 seconds.

Tell Apple here:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

If you sign up for a free developer account, or are already a developer, you can also tell apple here (and they probably take these complaints more seriously)
    https://bugreport.apple.com/

8. opmisk macrumors member

Same problem here... I read a rather lengthy thread elsewhere which blamed it on exchange accounts, however I have no exchange account and still only have 'immediate' has an option.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have this problem too. Rather annoying to always enter my passcode everytime I unlock it, if not a lot of time has gone by since the last time I used it. It's getting to the point where I'd rather just not have any passcode at all.

10. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Not an exchange or Google problem... it is all Apple.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11843784

11. opmisk macrumors member

That thread references 'reset all settings'... i did that as well after restoring from backup. I'm considering restoring the phone as "new" but would like to avoid that if possible.

12. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I am going to restore as new tomorrow.
    If that doesn't fix the PASSCODE problem and the proximity sensor problem, then the phone goes back to Apple. I can't waste any more time with this thing.

13. Mezzo43 macrumors member

Mezzo43

I did the full reset and was having the same password problem as mentioned earlier in this thread. I just did a restore from backup and this fixed the password problem of not being able to set a password required timeframe.

14. DemonJim macrumors newbie

DemonJim

I had the same problem with my 3GS after updating to iOS 4. All net searches for the issue I found suggested it was MS Exchange causing/enforcing this 'Immediately only', but it was definitely something else. Tried many things and Restoring as New was the last resort but that did fix it.

Edit: yes just looked at this link below and I did do a reset all settings after updating - I reset all to try and AVOID a problem like this :-/

15. valkraider macrumors regular

16. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

can you report if the full restore fixes this or not?

I've on my end just taken the code off. To be honest, I dont have anything OMG on my phone but nice to know just in case, nobody could get in it. Yay for MobileMe wipe right?

But im guessing 4.1 is around the corner?

17. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss