No option to update?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by 212rikanmofo, Oct 4, 2013.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Upon booting into Mavericks install mode, I don't see an option for Update at all? I only see install new copy of Mac OS X.

Anyone else able to update with the new Mavericks GM?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I updated with no problems. Took a long time.

3. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Was there a specific option that said Update? Cause I don't see it.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Not that I recall seeing. I clicked on the dmg. Moved the icon to the desktop and then doubled clicked to start the install. Once I confirmed the correct partition, I was in the hurry up and wait mode of installation. lol

5. ZERROZ macrumors newbie

Do you guys have Dev account or just installing it for free, Im afraid that this might conflict to the public release on my apple ID and device

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Non-developer install.

7. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

The installer that you download from the dev center, is somewhat of a "smart install."

It will update from whatever you already have, if you desire a "clean" install, then you need to take extra measures that are listed in other threads on the forum.

If you desire knowledge of that, google LionDiskMaker for Mavericks...

I am assuming though that you want to update/upgrade. If you do it the normal way, of copying the installer into your applications folder, then this means you already have OSX running with another version of OSX...it will just update, normally without issue.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I thought it was a clever idea to start the setup at 11:30pm after a tiring day at work! Bad idea. It didn't finish until about 12:45, at which point I was falling asleep.

Edit: after I updated (from DP8) I kept getting a 'Safari has quit unexpectedly due to a plugin' error message. Even when Safari wasn't open. I restarted and the problem went away. Might do a clean install today.