No outline on pages?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by motox25, Apr 17, 2010.

1. motox25 macrumors member

Let me first start by saying I just got my iPad yesterday and so far I love it :D . I planned in using my iPad to replace my laptop to take notes on in college. However, on my MacBook I can set up an outline format, makes note taking much easier. I can't seem to find this feature in pages for iPad. Does anyone else use ipads for note taking? What method works best for you?

2. Elzlaik macrumors regular

I have used Pages on my iPad in several site meetings. I have a "Site Minutes" template that I've imported and just use a dotted list. When I transfer it back to my iMac at work for finishing touches, I switch the dots to numerical numbers (ie 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc).

However, I could just as easily do it in Notes, send it to my iMac through email and copy and past the text into my Site Minutes template.

3. motox25 thread starter macrumors member

That's a good idea, didn't think about that. I do hope they add some features to pages im the near future though

4. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Not sure I'm answering your question but in Portrait view choose the "i" at the top of the page and then choose the List heading. You can use the alphabetical or numeric outline. Unfortunately, to change the "nesting level" you must go back to the List menu and hit the left or right arrow keys. NOTE: this only shows in portrait mode.

5. Dphilipson macrumors newbie

(Sorry, if i'm necromancing an old post, i just joined no less than 5 minutes ago)

I've been having the same issue, i just got a wireless keyboard for my iPad and i was excited to use it, until i realized that i cannot create an outline. however, iPad is capable of doing it, it's just "hidden" from what i've noticed, for example:

if you typed:

1. (enter / return)
    2. (the 2 will automatically place itself) I've noticed that it's very easy to screw things up though, it's not very efficient.