no output sound device after using bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by karsten, Dec 12, 2010.

1. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

Hi, on my 2009 i've noticed now that after using bootcamp for a bit then booting back into os x that i have no sound available, there's no sound devices in preferences. this is using the line-out jack. any idea why that would happen? rebooting seems to solve it but its kind of annoying. thanks.

2. karsten thread starter macrumors 6502a

karsten

anyone at all? it's doing it every time now its driving me nuts:/ the sound hardware somehow isnt being detected back in os x after running bootcamp

3. karsten thread starter macrumors 6502a

karsten

update 2 it's still happening, every time after using bootcamp i have no line-out device in os x. unplugging and replugging the audio cable doesn't seem to help :/

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Sorry, I have no clue what's going on, I have 2 machines w/W7 via Bootcamp and have no issues with sound. All I can say is maybe a clean reinstall of both OS to see if it was software related, but this seems like overkill.

5. karsten thread starter macrumors 6502a

karsten

when it has no output device i looked in about this mac/system profiler and under sound devices it just says Intel High definition with id 0, and no other information. it's like it's not even loading the driver for the sound card.

6. cutterman macrumors regular

Try reloading an updated sound driver for Windows. I believe this may be included in the bootcamp updates on the Apple support site. Otherwise you can search for it based on the type of sound chip used in your MP.