No Personal Hotspot after updating ios 4.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by akyho75, Mar 13, 2011.

1. akyho75 macrumors newbie

Anyone have solution to my problem?

I have two iphone 4. One belongs to my wife and one mine. My wife's Iphone 4 updated and upgraded to ios 4.3 with no problem and the personal Hotspot selection is found in the setting. But mine do not even have the Personal Hotspot tab in the setting at all.

Both my wife and me have the same service provider. I updated (to iOS4.3) my NON network locked Singapore Mobile 1 iPhone 4 32GB which is running on autoroam in USA and after the update was done, I lost the option to do Internet tethering. Prior to this I was running the phone and the option was available.

In my Iphone 4, I went to setting and there is no "Personal Hot Spot" tab as shown in the other iphone 4. And when I go into "Settings > General > Network" the Personal Hotspot keep wheeling.

Anyone have solution and why the difference? What should I do?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

It's gonna keep pinwheeling unless you have subscribed to a "Personal Hotspot Plan" with your carrier.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Jailbreak and download MyWi :D

4. fosterius macrumors newbie

Make sure you have an APN specified. Check the phone with the Hotspot capabilities under settings>general>network>cellular data network

I had this problem (except my wife was the one without the hotspot and I had it) and when I entered in the APN for Cellular Data and Internet Tethering (I left MMS blank) it started working immediately.

Good luck