No photos; Still shows 373MB Used??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SoOrdered, Jul 8, 2015.

1. SoOrdered macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

I deleted all the photos from my phone but when I go into the settings to look at the usage, it still shows that I'm using 373MB. Already restarted it. Any ideas?

2. rockitdog Suspended

3. benguild macrumors 6502a

Oh is that all?

4. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

Thank you! Just found some instructions. I'm going to try that now.

5. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

Just wanted to give an update. I did the restore and it cleaned up A LOT of space! It didn't fix the photo issue. Not too worried over it. Just strange. Thanks for the restore tip!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

7. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

What does?

8. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

Have you tried selecting 'Photos & Camera' and deleting from there?

9. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

Do you mean under "General" Usage"? If I click the preceding "photos and camera" box it just breaks down where 373MB is. I can't click any further. I took a screen shot of it when I did the others this afternoon.

[​IMG]

10. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Having to do a restore to reclaim space.

11. benguild macrumors 6502a

Since your photo library is empty, I would maybe just go in and clear out the large photo files using iExplorer or some other disk access utility.

Seems like something is being restored from the backup that isn't actually being used.

If you're comfortable doing restores, I'd carefully try that and make sure to have a backup handy in case you accidentally break something.

12. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

Absolutely! Even though it didn't solve my photo issue, it still cleared up almost 2 GB of space (I didn't delete anything, just restore and update to 8.4). I also didn't realize that the iOS took up 25% of the storage.

13. SoOrdered thread starter macrumors newbie

SoOrdered

I searched around and found others who had this issue. For an older iOS, there was even a YouTube video that showed how setting the date back two years triggers deleted photos to return. That didn't work for me and neither did enabling iCloud to sync the photos. So, I just backed the phone up, did a "factory reset", and restored from back up. I didn't do an encrypted one so I had to reenter passwords and such. I wanted it as barebones as possible so I could ditch whatever files it was holding onto. This pretty much did the trick. Went from 373MB with 0 pics to 3.3MB. Wish I had a better explanation or process but this worked if you just need to move on with life! :)

[​IMG]

14. ProtectoBrand macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

you can check your storage. you might have used up your memory to other applications.