No Photoshop at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BullMooseFilms, Aug 10, 2008.

1. BullMooseFilms macrumors regular

I've been dabbling around the Apple Store while I await the day when I can get the new MBP, and one of the things I'd planned was to take advantage of the "With a Mac" pricing on Photoshop.

Only - the "add to cart" button is gone from the $199 Photoshop only page. :mad:

Yet you can still get the more expensive bundles (with all those extra programs I'd never use. Illustrator I've burned in effigy in fact)

I want to save the Hondo, but I also don't want to get the web version for $299.

Does anyone have the scoop on this, is it temporary or will I just have to bite it and get the $299 version. :(

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

IS this the upgrade version? If it is, my iMac can add it to my cart just fine (with latest version of Safari). If I'm looking at the wrong one, please provide a link.

Don

3. BullMooseFilms thread starter macrumors regular

This is the full version, Academic, "with a mac" version.

Academic PS is $700 off and the With A Mac is another $100 off, so it ends up being just $199 for a full version.

I can't get an upgrade photoshop because I don't have a previous *cough*legal*cough* version.

http://store.apple.com/us_edu_40808...mac/software/creative_software&mco=MTIyNTE4MA

I don't know if that link will work because you have to have a password to get onto that ed. store. But you should be able to click through to the generic ed. store to see the thing.

4. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I couldn't get in with your link, but I got in through my HS's edu site, and I have the same issue, but if you read the fine print:

you'll see that you have to order your mac, then call 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Don

5. BullMooseFilms thread starter macrumors regular

Then why do all the other versions of PS have "add to my cart" available? Prior to this PS was also on a 3-4 week backorder, so I'm just worried that they've run out of stock and they aren't replacing it is all.

6. dukedvl macrumors member

Try This . . .

I logged into the Higher Education Site and I was able to add Photoshop for $199 by first selecting a MBP and adding it to my cart. After I selected which Ipod I wanted the next screen was a "Customers also bought . . . " screen with suggestions on what else to buy. If you scroll down the page it lists four Adobe products including the Photoshop for $199. It does say shipping is 2-3 weeks while the other ones show 24 hours.

Sometimes the "Cutomers also bought . . " screen with the Adobe Products came up and sometimes it didn't. If it didn't I just deleted the MBP from my shopping cart and then went through the process again until the options showed up. I was able to duplicate it several times. Hopefully it works for you.