No picture when connecting new mini to tv

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by raevynn, Jul 2, 2009.

1. raevynn macrumors newbie

I bought a new mac mini last week and after doing some configuration on my 24" screen, I tried to connect it to a Funai LCD-A2004 TV (not a HD TV). However, there's NO picture, the screen just stays black! Sounds and everything else works though, and I can access the mini via screen sharing from my MBP.

What can I do to make the mini work with the TV? Is there any software or something I can install to make it work? Any settings I have to consider? Or is my only option to by a new TV or screen?

Thanks in advance!

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

try detecting displays.
    or you can try it with a different type of cable/adaptor.

What solutions have you tried yourself to correct the problem??

PTP

3. raevynn thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty clueless about how to solve the problem. I tried playing around with the display settings, but that didn't help. I also don't really know what other adapter would work with the mini. As far as I know, there's only the one mini-dvi to video adapter I can use...

4. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

How are you connecting it to your TV?

The Mac Mini (Early 2009) no longer supports analogue video signals from the mini-DVI port. So if you're using the 'Mini DVI to Video adapter', it won't work.

I can confirm this, as I have a Mac Mini (early 2009), a MacBook (Late 2006), a Mini DVI to Video Adapter, and an old Sony TV. The MacBook will output signal, but the Mac Mini won't.

Read some of the comments here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9319G/A

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Put your TV on the lowest resolution possible at 60Hz. This will tell you if it is working or not.

6. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Won't help. The new mini doesn't support composite / S-Video out.