No pinch to zoom in Finder??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by m7ammed, Jul 21, 2011.

1. m7ammed macrumors regular

It seems I can't pinch to zoom in finder is this a bug ? or am I missing some setting??

2. kbmode macrumors newbie

I can't find this feature in the finder preferences

I used to be able to go to finder > preferences > advanced and set the pinch for icon size. it's gone now. :mad:

maybe there's a way to do it from the terminal. will post here if i find a solution.

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

i dont think its a bug its just gone just like when u try to zoom ur desktop

4. spoiledbrt macrumors newbie

I used it a lot in Snow Leopard, now I find it missing in Lion

5. eggimage macrumors newbie

Extremely devastating and utterly disappointing!

no more pinch to zoom in Finder or Desktop
    how in the world would apple think it'd be an AWESOME idea to eliminate this function!!!!!????? this is stupid, no better words to describe it

and they even killed the 4finger swipe to switch apps.... had to install BetterTouchTool to get it back myself
    but no way to adjust this zooming function.......:mad:

6. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I totally agree, I can't believe this functionality has gone missing! wtf Apple :mad:

Will there be a terminal fix or could BetterTouchTool add pinch to zoom in Finder in a future update?

7. m7ammed thread starter macrumors regular

8. borisiii macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I actually applaud the removal of this feature. Not once in 22 months of multi-touch Mac ownership did I find a time when it would have been useful, and it was always frustrating to accidentally resize everything on the desktop.

9. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I agree with ya. Pinch to zoom on the finder added no usefulness for me.

10. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

No kidding. I'd go to a finder window and my icon would magically either shrink to nothing or expand to where they could be seen from the moon.

11. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I hear a few people complaining that they activated pinch to zoom in Finder by accident... HTF do you trigger it by 'accident'? Try not sticking two fingers on your trackpad and pinching in and out, not difficult.

12. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

The only way to increase icon size now is by using the slider in the status bar.
    It at least should had had a keyboard shortcut (like ctrl=/cmd=) so we could had added it in BTT.

13. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Is there any UPDATE on this? It was a really useful feature for me.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it