No Point of Case

rd12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Northern Ireland
Hello

Was just thinking, basically if you are on the iUP is there really much point using a case if you plan to give the phone back and not resell it yourself? Yes you risk cracking the screen or back and will have to pay for that in order to return the phone in reasonable condition but other than that, is there any real point to using a case?

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Hello

Was just thinking, basically if you are on the iUP is there really much point using a case if you plan to give the phone back and not resell it yourself? Yes you risk cracking the screen or back and will have to pay for that in order to return the phone in reasonable condition but other than that, is there any real point to using a case?
Right there.

Reactions: jhearty99

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Hello

I would say paying $549 for a back of the phone shatter or $249 for a screen replacement is worth the $20 for a case. Even with Apple care one incident and the $20 case is worth it. How can you not justify that

Reactions: AppleChic76

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Hello

The most important reason I use a case is that it provides a grip. Bare iPhone's are too smooth and slippery, especially when using with one hand. Also, as others have noted, I don't want to walk around with a scratched up phone. Lastly, you don't have to trade it in and take half the cost in trade when you can sell it for almost double that. Case in point - I am not trading in my 7 even though I am on IUP. I owe $363 and am currently entertaining offers of $525-540. Why so much $? It is in perfect condition because it was always encased.

Reactions: myscrnnm

snatefinch

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Honestly, I find it hard to use an iPhone without a case anymore. I have used Otterbox for 5 years now and had to go naked for a day earlier this year and it was awkward to use. I prefer the slight extra mass to the phone to hold on to.

Reactions: LarryJoe33

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I would say paying $549 for a back of the phone shatter or $249 for a screen replacement is worth the $20 for a case. Even with Apple care one incident and the $20 case is worth it. How can you not justify that
I agree with you but just pointing out that a screen replacement is $29 with Applecare +.

Reactions: DUIduckSAUCE

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I agree with you but just pointing out that a screen replacement is $29 with Applecare +.
Yup, and a case is $20. So worth it! Lol
[doublepost=1509385100][/doublepost]
Bingo. Reason #7 I love IUP: I HATE cases.
How many times will you drop it in a year? You only get what, 2 accidents in a year. The glass will break much easier than years past. Just doesn’t seem smart to not use one. But you all can do what you want it is your device.

P.s. Apple and Third party repair guys LOVE people who don’t use cases! You keep those repair shops in business..

Last edited:
Reactions: LarryJoe33