No Portrait Lighting Effects for iPhone 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adoniram, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Adoniram macrumors member

Adoniram

Just upgraded to iOS 11 and despite my unreasonable hopes, there are no lighting effects for the 7+. I do not see how this should be exclusive to 8+ and X (from a technology feasibility standpoint), so it appears to be another hardware exclusive item to drive sales.

The animated emojis I could understand, given that the front camera uses 3D mapping that isn't present in the other phones. But the lack of lighting effects for 7+ is a disappointment...

Still, there's infltr which basically compensates with a million other options, and uses the 3D mapping, so I'll likely stick with a $2 app, as opposed to a $1000 upgrade. ...Though I won't be getting those animated poop emojis...

2. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

They said in thekwynote that it was for the 8+/X only. Yes, the A10 could probably handle it. You’ll have to jailbreak, as I don’t see Apple adding it.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

They needed to keep some software features to be on 8 and X exclusively for people to buy.

4. Goldfrapp, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Actually, I'm a little irked that 8+ users are getting it too. They'll have a whole month+ to post sexy photos on Tinder before the elite X users.