no power cinema display. Help please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hubble1990, Dec 22, 2007.

1. hubble1990 macrumors member

Could some one help.

I've connected my 20" cinema display to my mac book pro inc firewire and usb cable, but the monitor fails to come on. There's no power light on the display just a black screen.

Macbook powered via 240 wall socket. Also the macbook has detected that the cinema display is there.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Did you plugin the actual DVI (video) cable? Is the monitor plugged in to the wall?

3. hubble1990 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I'm not afraid to put my hand up when I've goofed and on this occasion I've overlooked the simple if not the most obvious option. Yes the power supply.

I'm tired, feeling ****** and suffering from a dose on Man Flu.
    That's my excuse.....

Thanks Fleetwood :)

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

No problem. I think I'm showing signs of the flu myself. Better be careful when quoting my posts or risk catching something. :D

5. Bancoubar macrumors newbie

Cinema Display Black

I have the same problem, except I DO have everything plugged in. I've a 1.25Ghz PowerBook and am trying to patch it to a 23". Used to work all time for extended periods in "clamshell" mode. Now, if lucky, I can get the monitor to come on once, but it'll never wake from sleep (the computer does, but the monitor is black). The computer does recognize the monitor, but that's it. Driving me crazy. I've also tried it with with a MacBook, and I'm afraid it's the same thing...infuriating. Any and all help appreciated.

Bancoubar

6. rover121 macrumors newbie

cinema display