No power menu Apple watch series one

Theyoungin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2018
I bought and apple apple watch series 1 when it first came out that I misplaced while moving to another state last year in August. I just found it yesterday in my bags and it is locked with a pass code that I don't remember. I now have a whole new iPhone and new apple watch series 3. I've tried holding the side button so the power menu shows up so I can reset it, instead of the powermenu showing up the watch cuts off or restarts. What going on?? I'm trying to give to a friend.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2012
England
I bought and apple apple watch series 1 when it first came out that I misplaced while moving to another state last year in August. I just found it yesterday in my bags and it is locked with a pass code that I don't remember. I now have a whole new iPhone and new apple watch series 3. I've tried holding the side button so the power menu shows up so I can reset it, instead of the powermenu showing up the watch cuts off or restarts. What going on?? I'm trying to give to a friend.
I would suggest one or two things but as this is your first ever post and you couldn’t even include any pleasantries I can’t be bothered. I’m sure there will be more tolerant people who who’ll try to help you.

Theyoungin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2018
I would suggest one or two things but as this is your first ever post and you couldn’t even include any pleasantries I can’t be bothered. I’m sure there will be more tolerant people who who’ll try to help you.
Didn't mean any harm man. Just was getting straight to the point because of fustration. Sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean any harm just seeking help.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2012
England
Didn't mean any harm man. Just was getting straight to the point because of fustration. Sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean any harm just seeking help.
You didn’t offend at all. It merely annoyed me. Anyway your apology is appreciated.

Edit: to start with the obvious, is the watch charged?

Edit 2: wonder if the battery is dead or on its way out?

Theyoungin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2018
You didn’t offend at all. It merely annoyed me. Anyway your apology is appreciated.

Edit: to start with the obvious, is the watch charged?

Edit 2: wonder if the battery is dead or on its way out?
When I found it , i put in on the charger and the little charging maze appeared , it was off. Let it sit for min. I came back and notice that watch was hot..I turned it on. Now when I connect it to charger while it's off it comes on while charging. It also holds charge, I can take it off of charger and its still on.

It's weird that while on the passcode screen when I hold the side button to bring up power menu instead of bring up power menu it's turns it off as if it's the way to turn it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.