No power on my early 2011 mbp 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luistmww, Nov 3, 2013.

1. luistmww macrumors newbie

First of all hello to everyone (im New to macrumors) i have a problem my early 2011 2.2ghz 15" sudenly stoped charging. to make the storry short. i bought the dc in port twice by accident bought the battery and the charger all oem. same no charging. it turned on with the new battery until it got drained. i tried the smc bypass but no power either. its like the mobo has a blown fuse i cant find anywhere. please help me!!!! im desperate.

2. koban4max macrumors 68000

u still got warranty via applecare?

3. luistmww thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Treeman574 macrumors regular

I had a similar issue with my 2.0GHz early 2011, randomly crashing then no longer booting. I was unable to charge it once the battery drained. I hope you don't have to go through the same thing I did.

Apple first replaced the internal power adaptor components. That didn't fix it…
    Then they decided to replace the logic board. That worked for an hour…
    They then gave me a series of lectures about replacing the ram, before telling me that my ram was faulty. Except it wasn't…
    Several logic board replacements later, and apple finally replaced my laptop.

Finally I found that the AMD GPU was faulty in all the logic boards I had received. Only one employee admitted this was the case while the rest simply dismissed any of my concerns.

5. luistmww thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is it still works normally if i plugin another charged battery.

6. sarakn macrumors 6502a

sarakn

Are you saying you took put a backup battery in MB, it was able to charge?

7. luistmww, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

luistmww thread starter macrumors newbie

No. Basically i dissasrmbled a similar macbook pro. Took the battery out and put it in my mbp. And it worked until it ran out of battery again. And no it didnot charge .